Tuesday, December 9, 2008

As i move through tuesday..

I am at work right now (got here about 2 & 1/2 hours ago) & the only other colleague that was here, left a couple of minutes ago. Only peace & quiet give me company. Not to forget the contesting dull but continuous whirring sound of the tubelights. Now that i am concentrating, the noise sort of rips through my head. My man, at this juncture, would have said - well, there are 2 options - you can stay conscious of the noise & end up sullking (loudly, within) & let all this kill the greater peace that prevails OR you can ignore that sound & continue to relish the peace around & within. Simple! Choice 2.
So, the major part of my time today, i have spent trying to look up for rooms to rent online. Did jot down a few leads that i am going to personally check out in a couple of hours, hopefully. There was this one interesting call i made, that i am compelled to share to align with goals of this blog. It went like this -
"hello; this is re your room in karama, is it still available?"
"halllllo"
"well, this is re your room in karama, is it available"
"rrrrroom?"
"yes, the room in karama"
"d(h)rama?" well, i feel like am in one now!..
"hmm...err.." (that was me, groping for words..which is hardly the case usually; people who know me will vouch for this)
"wait(h) please"
"ok?!!"..then the 'gentleman' that held the d(h)rama so far, handed over the phone to a more gentle lady..
"halllo" ...there was some common thread that bound the family!
"yeah, i am looking for a room in karama for one working lady, myself; is it still available?"
"you want(h) worrrrking ladies?"
WT%^ "hmm!!!!!"
"you want(h) worrrrking ladies?"..yeah right, i have no roof over MY head, i will get some more working ladies with me & we can all keep running around like a train on the road, hiring more working ladies simply because that is what is available!
"Sorry!", i hung up. WhatEVER! ..
Phew! Anyway, another 20 mins of work here and then I am off, to carry out my room hunt with a sweet friend who is waiting & ready to help me out! It takes all kind of people to make up this world!

1 comment:

Prometheus said...

Dont give up that easily babe....You have what it takes to hire working ladies...chee thu...I mean find a room