Saturday, May 23, 2009

The ZooZoo Klutz (this is not Cult misspelt)

(Glossary: "Emote Texts" - Emotions in texts / phrases. Please note that this post features(!) a sprinkle of my emote texts in orange italics.)

Just when some of us are looking at kids these days in awe & wondering how much more shrewd & advanced they are, there are some others who seem to be looking at us & wondering what fools we are & how primitive still, and have even gone a step further to cash in on that! *look of disbelief & then, the knowledge-is-power grin* (Of course, that’s because this is my blog & you’re reading what I have written). No, I am not talking about politicians here. For just this once, I shall take the spotlight off them, with much difficulty. It’s my phone service provider that is the protagonist of this post. Or maybe, their victims, you will find out in the end.*giving the mysterious & hence, glamorous look*

I use the ZooZoo network. Apparently, they just can’t imagine a moment in their lives without their customers (such a moment could be called, well, err..Bankruptcy). So, they keep a close, continuous touch through a shower or should I say, a relentless downpour of love through service texts & calls. All, at the most strategic times. Like, just when you are waiting for 'the' call from your special someone, hoping to hear a yes for a date you'd asked for after having waited for near eternity, you get the ZooZoo call & all you hear is Pink screaming her guts out singing 'So what? I am a rock star, I got my rock moves & I don't need you tonight...' & then you hear a sweet ZooZoo head telling you that if you got money, you could get this song on your phone! *grrr*. Worse still, on an empty evening in the thick of your 'hole'some social life, when no matter how sensuos or super cool your moves are, just one person gets to check you out, i.e., yourself through the mirror, you get a ZooZoo calling you & singing 'Where is the paarrty, ada unga vootula paarrty..'. *grrrinding the teeth...and almost breathless*.You dont know what is pissing you off more, the song or the 'shoot' of the ZooZoo. The thunder & lightning bit of the downpour, you will feel, if you get overwhelmed on seeing these love expressions & respond. Each response costs only Rs.3. But if you are a very emotional person, watch out! *anticipating audience reaction, with a knowledgeable smirk*

Anyway, through these zoozoo texts, the zoozoo creators offer to demystify us by predicting our past and/or to defog our minds by telling us whether we’re headed towards a love or arranged marriage! And if the mobile owner happens to be a 13 yr old; hey, this could be the one cue that could help us beat the UK in ‘the youngest father’ scoop! We’d beat them in some way, at least! Squashing all these minor kings’ reigns under its feet, walked in the Zoozoo Emperor Text, last week: The Palmistry text. Yes, you read right, it was ‘Palmistry’ service through SMS! *giving that ‘I know, So, I am the leader look*. It read something like this: Palmistry is a way of knowing about your future by interpreting the lines in your palm. So, if you want to know your future; we can predict the same through Palmistry; just message ‘PALM YOUR NAME’ to 58888. @#$?!!!! *my big eyes continued to roll in disbelief* *head nodding as though things have gone out of my control & I have to take charge & investigate further* To see how far on the ride they will take us, I responded. And then I got this eye-opener, insightful text that said, I am an open minded person BUT truthful or something like that. And that was not it! They sent one more message saying that my thumb/finger lines can give me more detailed insight & all I have to do to know in exact detail about whether I was going to run into their office & just fire away insanely or not, is to type in ‘THUMB / FINGER MY NAME’! And I would attain enlightenment! *a single finger image popping up on the mind at this moment’.

I am a very positive soul & a proud one, at that. *an assertive nod*.. Therefore, all this makes me do is wonder how many more would have tried the mobile Palmistry to see how far on the ride they will be taken! *anxious, discerning nod, with hand on the chin*. I have just one such word defining all such people in my glossary; Just one word for these humans that come up with such bizarre reasons with their soggy-single-celled-brain, somehow making these Rs.3 a text mobile Palmistry, a success: ZooZoo heads. *conclusively nodding & then a straight face*.

No comments: